Volunteer with PTA
Volunteers are the backbone of Lake Elementary. We are able to support so many wonderful activities for the Lake Community because many of our parents pitch in to help! We work together, in many different ways, to make the school a better place for our children. If you haven't volunteered in the past, consider this your formal invitation!
Whatever your personality, lifestyle or schedule, there are many ways to contribute and make a positive impact.
Our promise: We will honor your time constraints and never push you to commit more than you want or are able to do.
Join our Volunteer Community and we will email you when volunteer opportunities arise, then you can decide if the opportunity suits you!
WAYS TO HELP FROM HOME OR ON YOUR OWN SCHEDULE:
- Collect and submit Box Tops
- Sign up and shop through AmazonSmile, and remember to encourage your family and friends to do the same!
- Provide administrative help by contacting businesses for donations, or submitting Box Tops, receipts, and labels to the sponsoring companies.
- Collaborate on projects like the PTA website and email communications, or learn more about putting together the annual yearbook.
- Design flyers, posters, displays, and handouts.
- Use your nonprofit experience to help with consultation and grant writing.
- Make a monetary donation to the PTA, and check if your company has a policy or program to match charitable donations.
- Act as an assistant to a PTA Board member.
WAYS TO HELP DURING THE SCHOOL DAY:
- Sign-up for a shift at the book fair.
- Volunteer time for distributing prizes for the donor drive.
- Set up, decorate, and break down special events like Teacher/Staff Appreciation luncheons or the book fairs.
- Play games with kids on Fridays at Lunch Bunch.
- Help during Red Ribbon Week, Read Across America Week and Health & Fitness Week. These are often 45-minute shifts and are usually during the lunch hour!
WAYS TO HELP AT SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Chair an event of your choosing, or shadow a current chairperson to learn more.
- Help set up, decorate, and break down an evening or weekend event.
- Provide entertainment: magicians, balloon artists, face painting, etc., are all welcome.
- Supply catering or food, or help contact businesses for discounts.
- Provide rental items such as bounce houses, tables, tents, and coolers.
- Offer building, carpentry, or mechanical skills.
- Photograph events for inclusion in the yearbook and on the website.
Volunteer opportunities are continuously available and we can always find something that will fit your schedule and abilities.